|Brian Klems, blogger/father/Reds fan|
Writer's Digest Blogs
Many of you probably already know this, but I'm employed with F+W Media as a senior content editor. As a result, I'm rather partial to the blogs on the WritersDigest.com site. In fact, my poetry blog is hosted there (see below). So let's get these out of the way first.
- Guide to Literary Agents, by Chuck Sambuchino
- The Writer's Dig, by Brian Klems
- There Are No Rules, by Editors of Writer's Digest
- Questions & Quandaries, by Brian Klems (also)
- Poetic Asides, by Robert Lee Brewer
Build an Amazing Author Platform!
Whether you're just starting your writer platform or looking to push it to the next level, check out the Author Social Media Kit from Writer's Digest. This heavily discounted bundle of platform-building tools, includes webinars on blogging, social media, and earning money with Twitter, in addition to a copy of Get Known Before the Book Deal, by Christina Katz.
Click to continue.
My All-Star Blogs for Writers
These are the best of the best as far as I'm concerned. They post frequently, offer great content, and have been around for a while. In my opinion, everyone should be able to get something of value from these blogs.
- WriterUnboxed, by several contributors (including some bloggers mentioned above and below)
- Jane Friedman: Being Human at Electric Speed, by Jane Friedman
- Rachelle Gardner, by Rachelle Gardner
- WordServe Water Cooler, by several contributors
- Red Lemon Club, by several contributors
- Silliman's Blog, by Ron Silliman
- Harriet, the Blog, by the Poetry Foundation
- A Newbie's Guide to Publishing, by J.A. Konrath
- Copyblogger, by several contributors
- Make a Living Writing, by Carol Tice
|Debbie Ohi, aka InkyGirl|
Great Blogs for Writers
These blogs may not be on my all-star list, but that doesn't mean these blogs are any less valuable to the writers who read them.
- Nathan Bransford, author, by Nathan Bransford
- Wordplay, by K.M. Weiland
- terribleminds, by Chuck Wendig
- Writer Beware blog, by Victoria Strauss
- InkyGirl, by Debbie Ridpath Ohi
- Book of Kells, by Kelli Russell Agodon
- ProBlogger, by Darren Rowse
- Modern Confessional, by Collin Kelley
- Best American Poetry blog, by the BAP team
- The Traveling Writer, by Alexis Grant
Okay, I overuse the word rock, but oh well... These blogs do rock. If you can check them out regularly, you won't be disappointed.
- Baggott Asher Bode, by Julianna Baggott
- Chicks Dig Poetry, by Sandra Beasley
- Evil Editor, by an evil editor (not all of us can be good)
- Jessie Carty blog, by Jessie Carty
- dbqp: visualizing poetics, by Geof Huth
- Freelance Writing Jobs, by several contributors
- Wordgathering, by Margo Roby
- Kris Writes, by Kristine Kathryn Rusch
- How a Poem Happens, by Brian Brodeur
- Kill Zone, by several contributors
- Write to Done, by several contributors
- Michael Hyatt, by Michael Hyatt
- Jody Hedlund, by Jody Hedlund
- The Writers Alley, by several contributors
Connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Plus, sign up for free e-mail updates from this blog in the top right-hand corner of the page.
Check out these other Not Bob posts for writers: