Friday, February 1, 2013

Best Blogs for Writers to Read in 2013

Once again, it's that time of year. Every February, I reveal my personal list of the best blogs for writers to read. These are personal faves, so I won't be offended if you know a great blog I didn't list. Please share it in the comments below, and I will review it for next year's list.

By the way, this year's list offers more than 50 blogs. In 2011, I listed 31 wonderful blogs for writers; in 2012, I listed 39 great blogs for writers; this year, the final count is 55. Who knows what the final number will be next year? As always, I'm human about putting this list together, so don't take a snub as a personal attack.

Brian Klems, double blogger at WritersDigest.com


Writer's Digest Blogs
As a Senior Content Editor for the Writer's Digest Writing Community, I'm rather partial to the blogs on the WritersDigest.com site. My poetry blog (below) has a home there--as does the best blog covering literary agents anywhere.
**********

Learn How to Start (or Improve) Your Blog!

E-media guru Dan Blank of We Grow Media leads this 4-week Blogging 101 course. In addition to covering how to set up a blog, bloggers will learn how to create an editorial calendar to keep content on track, how to interact with readers and build a sense of community, what search engine optimization is and how to use it to your advantage, and more.

Click to continue.

**********

My All-Star Blogs for Writers
These are the best of the best as far as I'm concerned by single bloggers (tag-teams have their own list below). Their content is updated frequently, and it's of high value. Everyone, regardless of genre, should be able to learn something on these blogs.
Not Bob, Jane Friedman, Porter Anderson, Christina Katz


Tag-Team Blogs for Writers
These blogs could just as well be on the All-Star list, but they're mostly assembled through a group effort. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, some of these are the best at covering their specific areas.
Sandra Beasley, who digs poetry

Blogs That Rock for Writers
These blogs are just as cool as the others listed above, but they do it in their own unique ways. In fact, I'd say many of these blogs kind of have their own rocking attitude that the others above don't. If you can check them out regularly, you won't be disappointed.
*****

Connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Plus, sign up for free e-mail updates from this blog in the top right-hand corner of the page.


*****

Check out these other Not Bob posts for writers:

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do know how to make a person's day [okay, year]. Thank you, Robert. Now, I'm off to visit some of the blogs I don't know.

margo

Christina Katz said...

Thanks, Robert. Happy New Year to all!

Julia Munroe Martin said...

Thank you! Many favorites on this list, but lots of new ones to check out. Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for including Wordplay in the list! You totally made my day.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Many thanks, Robert! Appreciate your including "Mystery Writing is Murder."

Unknown said...

Loving this list. It is so helpful to know where one can go for sound advice and ideas. Thank you, Robert!

Becke Davis said...

Thanks so much for including us on this fabulous list!

Becke Martin Davis
Romance University

Jennifer Tanner said...

Wow! Thank you for mentioning RU,Robert! We're thrilled to be in such fabulous company.

Anne R. Allen said...

What a day-brightener to see my blog on the list! Thanks, Bob!

Carrie Spencer said...

Thanks for including us Robert! =) Looking forward to checking out some of the other great blogs on your list!
Carrie Spencer
Romance University

Anonymous said...

I like www.noovella.com for great new books.

Kate Frost said...

Thanks for sharing a fabulous and inspiring list - off to discover some new blogs now!

riTa Koch said...

Amazing array of blogs!
Here, a few I follow:
http://www.dochensley.com/
http://justthefiction.blogspot.com/
http://spiritualmemoirs101.blogspot.com/

WendieO said...

A good blog for nonfiction writers (and illustrators) is I.N.K -- Interesting Nonfiction for Kids:
http://inkrethink.blogspot.com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for including The Renegade Writer!!

Jessie Carty said...

So glad to be included :) Wish I had a catchier name for my blog. It used to be "58 Inches"

Anamika Singh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ham said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Summer Ross said...

Great list! New follower here, over from twitter.
Have a terrific Friday!

Kate Frost said...

I'm sure you've been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award many times before, Robert, but as this post proves you really do have an inspiring blog. So, I've nominated you for the award: http://kate-frost.co.uk/blog/?p=341

Jessica Topper said...

I dig blogs that rock - can't wait to check out the ones on your list. Thanks!

Jennie Killough said...

Thanks for such a great list. I'm a new follower as well! Good to find your blog. Keep up the excellent work.

Anonymous said...

Great article! I'm really glad I finally joined Twitter since I'm now able to find and read all my favorite WD articles like this one!. Here's a really cool blog you should check out -- www.fuzzyblackdogs.blogspot.com. Thanks!

Donna said...

Wow! It's great to see so many recommended blogs for writers.

Donna

Unknown said...

Good blog, I like it.
http://www.irabwah.com/

My Inner Chick said...

Great List. Thanks.

Nina Amir said...

Great list, Robert! You've got some of my favorites on there. Maybe one day one of my blogs will make it, too. :~)

Joe Bunting said...

Thanks for including us, Robert. :)

Candace Johnson said...

Sharing this at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Change-It-Up-Editing-and-Writing-Services/362306400523555

Thomas L. Vaultonburg said...

Zombie Logic.

johneden said...

Great share, must learn something on these blogs, sure........

Storp said...

a good blog to keep reading

Alan Stransman said...

There is truly a wealth of information in this post - enough to keep anyone busy for the rest of the year. Thank you for this wonderful post.

Dawn said...

Brilliant! Thanks for some great links and introductions to some diverse blogs. I've certainly got this one bookmarked.
Cheers D.

Unknown said...

Not Bob, good stuff and appreciated. Rosalind Minett
http://fictionalcharacterswriting.blogspot.co.uk/

munmun88 said...

Wow!
Great projects!
I didn't do the blog hop!
I know, I'm a slackard!
I'm tempted though cause your stuff is so great!


reverse osmosis
bottled water

Jeff Goins said...

Thanks for the link, Robert!