Here's my beef stew recipe:
Olive oil (for browning meat)
Beef for stew (usually comes in 1 lb. packages)
1/2 cup Flour
Large Onion (I prefer sweet onions)
15 oz. can of Tomato Sauce (fill empty can with water too)
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Basil
Bag of Potatoes
- Flour beef in a bowl.
- Season floured beef with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Coat pan with olive oil and brown the outside of the beef. Don't cook all the way through, it'll be finished off in the crock pot.
- Dump browned beef, tomato sauce, can of water, baby carrots, oregano and basil in crock pot.
- Either chop or peel apart (my preference) onion and add into the mix.
- Clean and chop up a few celery stalks and add into mix.
- Turn crock pot on high and turn down later. The longer it cooks the more everything blends.
- About 2 hours before dinner, slice up some potatoes into bite-size pieces and add them into the mix. You can do this step at the beginning if needed, but potatoes don't take as long to soften.
This recipe is really easy, and it tastes great for the original meal. If you're lucky enough to have leftovers, I actually love this even more when it's re-heated the next day or two (not that we usually have any left two days later).
Follow me on Twitter @robertleebrewer
In case, you're interested in fixing something else, I also have recipes for: