So, here's my amazing meat loaf recipe:
2 lbs. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
3/4 sleeve of crushed saltine crackers
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon parsley
1 tablespoon chopped onion seasoning
splash of milk
- Add everything except meat and ketchup in mixing bowl
- Add in meat and mix well
- After mixing, spray 10x13 pan and form loaf
- Spread ketchup all over outside of the loaf
- Cover pan with foil
- Bake at 325 degrees for 100 minutes
- Let it sit in pan for 10-15 minutes before taking out to slice
Personally, I like to eat my meat loaf with A1 Steak Sauce, but Tammy prefers ketchup. We both like to have mashed potatoes with our meat loaf, but a baked potato or seasoned french fries would work well too.
Some people like cheese in their meat loaf. I'm not a huge fan, but it's easy enough to spread cheese over this meat loaf after cooking, and it should melt easily.
This is a true comfort food dish. I recommend fixing it up on days when you're planning to just hang around the house in your pajamas.
Follow me on Twitter @robertleebrewer