Friday, November 26, 2010

2010 November PAD Chapbook Challenge: Day 26

(NOTE: Once again the Poetic Asides blog seems to not be posting immediately. So, I'm posting the prompt and poem here until my post will take over there, since I plan on finally going to sleep now.)

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thanks for all the well wishes! (If you're interested in Christmas music, check out my personal blog.) Since I'm still up, I figured I'd get an early start on today's prompt and poem.


For today's prompt, write an "on the run" poem. You can decide who or what is on the run and what might be causing them to run. For myself, I had to link today's poem to my poem yesterday. But you can run in any direction you want.

Here's my attempt:

"The aftermath"

A turkey can never really rest
even after surviving the guests
when Thanksgiving is through
because there's Christmas too
and hungry mouths that crave turkey breasts.

*****

Follow me on Twitter @robertleebrewer

*****

If you wish to avoid the holiday shopping crowds like myself, you can still get the ones you love (including yourself) some great presents through the power of the Internet. For instance, check out these deals at the WritersDigestShop.com:

No comments: