Sunday, November 7, 2010

When did it get all November?

Seriously, how is it a week into November already? 2010 has been such a busy year, and this weekend was no exception.

Today, we celebrated Reese's 7th birthday. During his birthday party, he made the comment, "The years sure go by fast." Boy, do they!

*****

After the party, we (Reese, Tammy, Will and myself) went to watch a Gwinnett Gladiators hockey game. We met up with other members of Pack 420 to watch Cub Scouts participate in the flag ceremony at the beginning of the game. The Gladiators won 6-1.

Reese really got into the game, and even Will was dancing around with all the music bites they play throughout the game.

*****

On Saturday, I spoke at the Red Clay Writers Conference in Kennesaw, Georgia. It took place on the Kennesaw State University campus, which has really improved over the years. (I first spoke there in 2002 or 2003 when I was still living and working in Ohio.)

This event was fun, because I already knew quite a few people--both online and off. Plus, I learned new things, which is always exciting.

Actually, getting out to events is always fun, inspirational and usually kickstarts me into getting things done with my own writing. Surrounding yourself with fellow writers and editors is always a great time.

*****

Throughout this month, I'm running the November PAD (Poem-A-Day) Chapbook Challenge. If you haven't been participating, get over there now and catch up: http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides

It's a lot of fun and is a great way to work up some new material to revise.

*****

Anyway, I'm a bit scattered and tired after a busy weekend, but I wanted to let everyone know I'm still alive and poeming. Also, I'm still losing weight (now more than 30 pounds have been lost in 6 weeks!) and leading my cub scout den to fun times and cool advancements. But yeah, pretty much the same old, same old for now.

Hope y'all are doing well. Tammy and I may be headed up to the Dahlonega Literary Festival next weekend. If we do make it up there, I hope we'll get to see a few new and familiar faces.

*****

Follow me on Twitter @robertleebrewer

3 comments:

Jennifer Ruth Jackson said...

You sound good and busy, nice way to be.

Jessie Carty said...

I second what Jennifer said :)

Robert Lee Brewer said...

Thanks, Jennifer and Jessie! It's been a busy (and productive) 2010, for sure.