- It's a Wonderful Life. Often mistaken as just a Christmas movie, this is the movie of one man's life and how important he is--even if he's not a war hero, millionaire, or famous explorer. This movie is about as light and dark as any I've ever seen, and it always gets me choked up at the end.
- Love Actually. I love love stories, and this is the ultimate love story movie. This movie successfully weaves together several love stories into one spectacular finish.
- Jaws. The more I watch this movie the more I love it, and I've watched it a lot. The characters really hook me on this movie, and then, of course, the adventure once they're all out on the sea.
- Singing in the Rain. In my opinion, this is the greatest of all musicals. It has so many incredible songs and dance numbers, and it's super funny.
- The Quiet Man. I grew up in a family that loves The Duke, and while I think True Grit is great too, I love this story of a man with a mysterious past who moves back to Ireland. The scenes are beautiful, and the chemistry between John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara rocks.
- So I Married an Axe Murderer. This movie is quite simply silly and cracks me up every time I watch it. It's my favorite Mike Myers film.
- Casablanca. This movie has the best one-liners ever. I put off watching it for a long time, but fell in love with it when I finally did.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark. I'm a big Indiana Jones fan, and this is my favorite of the trilogy (I don't recognize that Crystal Skull nonsense).
- The Big Lebowski. I thought this movie was great fun the first time I watched it, but it's moved further up my favorite movies list each new time I watch it. My favorite Coen brothers movie.
- Halloween. Tammy introduced this movie to me. I've never been a huge fan of horror movies, but this one changed my mind. Besides the fact that Michael Myers is one spooky bad guy, I enjoy the camera work and setting of this movie.
Follow me on Twitter @robertleebrewer. Or connect with me on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Google+.
And sign up for e-mail updates over on the right.
Here are the next 10 movies that didn't make my list: