Thursday, July 28, 2011

Publishing My Second Collection of Poetry!

Earlier this year (April 1), I released my first ever chapbook of poetry, ENTER. The release was a very personal, limited edition release (only 101 individually numbered copies) that sold out in less than a month. I have no current plans to do another printing of that collection, but I am moving on to my next project: ESCAPE.
ESCAPE will be my second limited edition chapbook (once again, only 101 individually numbered copies), and ordered copies will be personally signed by myself. I'm really excited about this collection, because they are bound together by theme and my own little poetic form.

ESCAPE is something I've been putting together for more than a year. Many of the 22 poems have been previously published, and many of the poems have been performed at readings. Did I mention I was excited about this collection?

Here are a few more details about ESCAPE:
  • The official release date will be September 1, 2011.
  • The official price will be $10 (which includes shipping, regardless of where you live).
  • All purchased copies will be signed by the poet (that's me).
  • Super eager readers can pre-order now and receive copies somewhat before the "official release date." Also, pre-ordering is a good way to ensure that you get a copy before they sell out. Just e-mail me (at robertleebrewer@gmail.com) for details.
*****

This collection includes one of my favorite poems (which is also currently unpublished, though I've performed it at several readings), but it also includes several that have been previously published, including:
*****

Here's a nice review of my first collection ENTER by Maureen Doallas.

And here's another nice review of ENTER by Sheila Moore.

*****

Follow me on Twitter @robertleebrewer, or connect with me on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Google+.

And don't forget to sign up for blog posts direct to your e-mail inbox over on the right.

*****

To pre-order a copy of ESCAPE for $10 (includes shipping), send me an e-mail at robertleebrewer@gmail.com. I accepted payments for ENTER via PayPal, check and money order; I'm sure that's how I'll roll again this time.

Thanks for your support!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want! I mailed you. :)

Andrea (Andee) Beltran said...

Looking forward to ESCAPE. I really enjoyed ENTER. Best of luck to you as you wrap up this 2nd chapbook, Robert.

Robert Lee Brewer said...

Thanks, Deep and Andrea!

Quillfyre said...

Me too, I will be ordering! My first one is in its final stages, too, and I am hoping to have it out in the next couple of months.

Looking forward to yours!

Carol A. Stephen

Jessie Carty said...

Awesome! Although I think you should release 102 :) just for fun!

Robert Lee Brewer said...

I considered releasing more than 101, Jessie, since the first collection sold out in less than a month, but I think 101 is a good number, though 102 is funny.

That's cool, Carol! Right now is a great time to go ahead and test out self-publishing options.