Monday, June 28, 2010

Quick update: Monster Day, rafting & other fun stuff

Recently, I created a new blog: TelecommutingParents.blogspot.com.

The title pretty much says it all, but yes, it's focused on the needs and concerns of telecommuting parents. If you're interested in the topic or know someone who might be, swing by and check it out.

*****

Yesterday, I approved the printer proofs for the 2011 Novel & Short Story Writer's Market. Now, all of the writing-related Market Books are in the process of being printed or shipped from the printer to bookstores. I still haven't seen a copy of 2011 Writer's Market yet, but I'm sure I will before my birthday.

*****

My Ohio boys have been visiting since last Monday for a 3-week summer vacation. Today, we began a 10-day themed experience:
  • 6/28-Monster Day
  • 6/29-Mystery Day
  • 6/30-Military Day
  • 7/1-Craft & Field Day
  • 7/2-Ocean Day
  • 7/3-Magic Day
  • 7/4-USA Day
  • 7/5-Fangsgiving
  • 7/6-Science Day
  • 7/7-Dinosaur Day

Today, they've already drawn haunted landscapes. They've made monster puppets. And there is so much more to come today. Then, Day 2 begins. Fun stuff.

*****

This past Saturday, we all (Tammy, Ben, Jonah, Reese, Baby Will, Tammy's sister, Tammy's brother-in-law, Tammy's nephew, and myself) went up into the North Georgia mountains to tube down the Chattahoochee River and through Helen, GA. It was a great trip.

Will sat in my tube and was happy through most of the 2-hour trip. In fact, the parts that made him upset were the ones where we waited for the rest of the group to catch up. His favorite parts were the rapids, and he was often chanting, "Go-go-go!"

*****

I've been keeping up the poem-a-day through 2010, but I'll have to share those on here later. Just wanted to give a quick update on what's been happening.

Oh yeah, Tammy and I will be running the Peachtree 10K on July 4. I have not been working out, so I'll be super worn out when the fireworks are exploding that evening.

*****

Follow me on Twitter @robertleebrewer

3 comments:

... Paige said...

yeah, you have so little else to do, mightest well do another blog...lol; my parent communiting days are over. last one turning 18 in Sept and lives at home

the river we ride is the Guadalupe and we have not done that for a few years. hope you took lots of photos GA is a beautiful state and the people have great accents, southern and I like that very much :-)

do keep us up on how the monster days go

Jessie Carty said...

I dint have children but that blog sounds like a great idea :)

Unknown said...

I'm not a poet, but I like the sounds of a poem a day! Sounds like a great creative challenge. Almost makes me want to try my hand at it!