Here's my 2011 To-Do List:
- Publish a collection of poetry. A carry-over from my 2010 list, I'm currently in the process of making this happen. (Click here to learn how to pre-order a copy of the limited edition chapbook.)
- Get down to and maintain a weight of 185 pounds or less. At one point in 2010, I was down to 192 (using this diet), so I know it's possible to get down to this weight. The trick is staying disciplined enough to maintain that weight. If I do, I should be able to...
- Run a marathon. I haven't picked out a specific race yet, but some candidates include the Air Force Marathon (Dayton, OH), Chicago Marathon (run on 10/10/10), or Columbus (OH) Marathon. Training at a lower weight will help, but it'll also help if I can achieve this goal:
- Run 200 days. I've only accomplished this a few times in my life, but having a very consistent running base becomes more important the older I get if I want to avoid injury. Slow and steady finishes the race.
- Help Den 2 Tiger Cubs have a great year. I've been having a great time as a Den Leader for my Den 2 Tiger Cubs, and I want to make sure all the boys finish the year with their Tiger Cub patches and a bunch of belt loops--while having fun and gaining responsibility.
- Pay off all credit cards. Tammy and I have been collectively digging ourselves out of debt for the past few years, and this is the year we could finally pay off our credit cards. Of course, with our growing family, we'll probably off-set this financial accomplishment by taking out a loan on a minivan. So it goes.
Do you have any big tasks on your 2011 list? Share 'em below, and we can hold each other accountable.
Follow me on Twitter @robertleebrewer
Here are some of the cool gifts I received this year during the holidays: