That's how I started, and now I stop every so often and ask myself why do I continue writing (and I encourage you to do the same). What's the point?
Every answer I give is always subject to change (that's just how I roll), but my current reason for writing is simple (and, I admit, not unique): I love to write!
- It's not for money, because I'd still be writing even if I weren't an editor.
- It's not for fame, because I'd be content to write without any readers.
- It's not for posterity, because that's something that's beyond my control.
Anyway, that's why I write. What's your story? I'd love it if people shared their reasons for writing below.
Connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Check out previous Not Bob posts:
- 11 Tips for Writers Trying to Find Success.
- Are You a Specialist or a Generalist?
- Don't Wait for X to Do Y: Platform-Building Traps for Writers to Avoid.