Monday, January 2, 2012

Advice for Writers: 014

Happy New Year! Here's my first load of advice from online for 2012!

New Year's Resolution? More Resolutions. More Resolve, by Julianna Baggott. The author of Pure and Girl Talk--and the owner of multiple writing identities--Baggott resolves to continually re-resolve each week in 2012. Great idea! I don't know that I've ever done it weekly, but it is something I tend to do every month or three.

What's Your Brick Wall, by Rachelle Gardner. Literary agent Rachelle Gardner--who admits she is herself a brick wall of the publishing process--talks about the brick walls between writers and their goals and why it's important to find ways over, under, or through them.

18 Speedy Ways for Freelancers to Earn Extra Money that Actually Work, by Alex Mathers. Here are 18 ideas for freelancers to make money--from consulting to cutting expenses.

10 Years Later: Just Posted My Last Publishing Industry News Column for WritersMarket.com, by Debbie Ridpath Ohi. I can't believe I've been working with Debbie for 10 years now, but it's true. She's cutting the chord to try achieving new goals, and I hope she achieves them all (and more). While it's nice of her to say that I've been a good editor, she has been a truly fantastic freelancer. Happy trails!

Best Articles for Writers 2011, by Carol Tice. Great list of articles for writers that covers topics such as writing for revenue sharing and how to plan ahead to write blog posts that go viral.

Let's make 2012 the best year yet!

*****

Connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Sign up for free e-mail updates from this blog in the top right-hand corner of the page.



*****

Check out previous Not Bob advice for writers:

2 comments:

Andrea (Andee) Beltran said...

Can't wait to read these this evening...Thanks for all the links! Have a great day.

Robert Lee Brewer said...

Thanks for stopping by, Andrea!