Monday, January 3, 2011

Cooler Than Me: My Guilty Pleasure Music

I'm not going to go crazy about my age, because I'm still a young guy. But I also know that all the kids at the dance clubs and the all ages shows look like "kids" to me. I'm not old, but I'm not a teenager either. Actually, I'm at that parenting age that brands me as uncool. (Let's face it: If we let ourselves, we can feel uncool and awkward at any age, can't we?)

Anyway, I've been listening to a lot of Pop 40 music lately, and here's my Top 10 list of guilty pleasures that I can pretend I only like because my boys like them:
  1. "The Time (Dirty Bit)," by Black Eyed Peas (off The Beginning album)
  2. "We R Who We R," by Ke$ha (off the Cannibal album)
  3. "Dynamite," by Taio Cruz (off the Rokstarr album)
  4. "Only Girl (In the World)," by Rihanna (off the Loud album)
  5. "Cooler Than Me," by Mike Posner (off the 31 Minutes to Takeoff album)
  6. "Teenage Dream," by Katy Perry (off the Teenage Dream album)
  7. "Magic," by B.o.B featuring Rivers Cuomo (off the B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray album)
  8. "Like a G6," by Far East Movement (off the Free Wired album)
  9. "Club Can't Handle Me," by Flo Rida (off the Only One Flo - Part 1 album)
  10. "Bottoms Up," by Trey Songz (off the Passion, Pain & Pleasure album)
Okay, these are my current guilty pleasures. Do you have any?

*****

Follow me on Twitter @robertleebrewer

*****

Want a good way to share your guilty pleasure music with others?

Why not give them an iTunes gift card? In fact, you should probably get one for yourself.

Click to continue.

5 comments:

Kelly Lyman said...

I would agree with you on most of these. What is a G6 anyway?

Robert Lee Brewer said...

Hey, Kelly. I just recently learned that a G6 is a private jet that costs around $5 million. It's also a line that gets stuck in my head like a G6, like a G6...

Anonymous said...

ok... now I know what a G6 is... we thought it was a car. My 14 son makes us hear all of these songs... no offense, because you ARE young, believe me!

Brian K said...

"Dynamite," by Taio Cruz is very popular in our house, thanks to my 3-year-old randomly singing it in the car one day. Now I love it.

Lady Gaga's "Poker Face" is my other guilty pleasure. That's right: I'm so uncool that it takes me three years before a "hip" song becomes my guilty pleasure. How sad am I?

Naa...I'm pretty awesome. ;-)
Brian
TheLifeOfDad.com

Robert Lee Brewer said...

I know, Colette. I still feel very young.

Brian, you are pretty awesome! "Dynamite" is probably Reese's favorite on my list, though he also really likes "Magic."