|If you want to publish your poetry,|
don't wait for the 2013 edition, grab
the 2012 Poet's Market today!
Close to 2,000 poems were submitted by hundreds of poets from around the world, including Malaysia, Costa Rica, France, India, New Zealand, and several other countries. Poets with long publication histories submitted the same as poets who are completely new to publishing (as in this was their first ever submission). I received poems written in traditional forms, prose poems, concrete poetry, and free verse, of course.
The selection process went through several rounds, and Tammy helped me out as I got near the end of the tunnel. Needless to say, the final 50 were really good. But I had to get the number down to 20.
Here are the 20 poems (in no particular order):
- Frost at Midmorning, by Nate Pritts
- Dear Fritz Guest House, by Sage Cohen
- Ghosts, by Nin Andrews
- The Wreck of Birds, by Rebecca Givens Rolland
- The Painter Pantoum, by Jessie Carty
- Hands To, by Kelli Simpson
- Flinging the Unsaid Into the Surf, by Heather M. Moore Niver
- Occluded, by Shann Palmer
- At the Bowling Alley, by Terri Kirby Erickson
- Echolocation, by Karen Rigby
- Sea Ghost, Fire of the Sea, by Jeffrey H. MacLachlan
- As a Beginning, by Joannie Stangeland
- Sackcloth, by Pris Campbell
- On Some Other Planet We're Newlyweds, by Kelli Russell Agodon
- When I Re-read His Letters, by Patricia Fargnoli
- Arrival, by Jen Karetnick
- Photography Lesson, Pt. Reyes, by Iris Jamahl Dunkle
- Follow the Leader, by Nancy Posey
- Wind Chime, Minus the Wind, by Susan Laughter Meyers
- Greetings From Motel 6, by Linda Simoni-Wastila
I learned a lot during this inaugural year of choosing poetry, and I hope to only improve my processes in the next go-round. So yes, I do plan to choose poems again for the 2014 editions. I'm sure I'll have a call for submissions post in the summer months.
Connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Plus, sign up for free e-mail updates from this blog in the top right-hand corner of the page.
Check out these other Not Bob posts:
- Breaking the Rules: Or a Poet Has to Be a Poet.
- Poetic Saturdays: Now This Is How We Roll.
- 25 Ways to Increase Blog Traffic.
Concrats to all!!!
Congrats to all! What an honour.
Kelli Simpson rocks!
Congratulations to all selected. Looking forward to reading this edition!
Congrats to all. And thank you. Peace...
Thank you, editor and the winners
Continue your the good work.
Editor - Publisher
Congratulations to the poets selected! :)
Thank you so much! I am honored to be in such company!
Thanks from here, too! I'm excited to be included with these talented poets. And how wonderful--generous!--that the opportunity will be open to poets again next year.
Wonderful! Congrats to the poets!
Congratulations to all the winners! It's a pity I didn't find my name in the list, but the competition was fierce, good luck to those who have not been selected next time!
Congrats to all! And keep up the good work! :-)
PSC in CT
Post a Comment