Here are my favorite media feeds for writing-related information:
- AdAge. Mainly for ad and marketing news, but that news includes information about online content and magazines.
- Folio:. Devoted to magazine publishing news.
- MediaBistro. Shares a daily newsfeed of media-related information, from print to online and from mobile to television.
- Poynter. Focuses on journalism-related topics, and so, it's a little heavy on the newspaper side of the publishing/media industry.
- Publishing Executive. PE is focused on the magazine industry.
- AdWeek. Like AdAge, this site is mainly for ad and marketing news, but that often includes media-related news.
- I Want Media. Collects headlines from across the Internet that are media-related.
- Masthead. Focused on the Canadian magazine industry.
- Publishers Weekly. Devoted to the book publishing industry.
- Paid Content. Covers the emerging digital content industry, especially how it is monetized.
Do you have a favorite media feed that's not on this list? Please share with the Not Bob gang in the comments below.
Connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Sign up for free e-mail updates from this blog in the top right-hand corner of the page.
Check out previous Not Bob posts:
Another good one is http://www.shelf-awareness.com/ - there's a reader version and a pro version (book trade).
I forgot http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/ - you can sign up for the free publishers lunch even if you are not a paid member.
Thanks, Janice! I thought of PublishersMarketplace, but I just don't tend to use that as much as I did in the past. Still, it's a good resource.
Post a Comment