A few other decisions already made:
- The official release date will be April 1, 2011.
- The official price will be $10 (which includes shipping to anywhere in the U.S.--not sure about the rates for outside the U.S.).
- All purchased copies will be signed by the author (moi).
- Super eager readers can pre-order now and receive copies before the "official release date." Just e-mail me (at firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
As far as the decisions not yet made, I haven't decided on what to name the collection just yet, though I've definitely got a short list of ideas. Also, I haven't decided on my final rotation of poems, though you can bet that these poems will make the cut:
- Solving the World's Problems (from OCHO)
- Watching the Ice Melt (from MiPOesias)
- Father's Shoes (from OCHO)
- 8 (from Otoliths)
- At the arboretum (from Poetic Asides)
- One day we looked for the snow (from La Fovea)
- Eavesdropping (from DMQ Review)
- They're Coming to Get Us (from Barn Owl Review)
- My Father (from MEAT)
- Cold Water (from Escape Into Life)
- I think the world is a pin cushion (from Kind Over Matter)
- A small tear in the pillow (from Escape Into Life)
Also, if you have any requests for poems you'd like included, go ahead and let me know now. If I'm having trouble deciding between a few poems near the end, your voice may sway me in one direction over another.
In the near future, I'm going to start sharing poems from this collection on this blog as part of my experimentation with video. Recently, I purchased a web cam, and I'm going to try reading some poems and sharing them here. Fingers crossed that I'll be able to figure everything out.
Anyway, I just wanted to share my exciting poetry chapbook news! Stay tuned for more information between now and April 1, 2011!
Follow me on Twitter @robertleebrewer
Check out some of my favorite poetry collections of 2010: