Saturday, October 29, 2011

Because She Did And Does

Quick poem for my awesome wife.

Two poets, one weekend, and a big city we barely explored.

When all I have is you
and this empty room, there is this poem
yet to write, but first, the words loose themselves
across the floor from the door to the sheets
we don't bother to pull down and outside
the sun or the moon or end coming soon
that can wait for this poem that can wait
for our line breaks and this open moment
in a city we have yet to explore.

*****

This is not one of the 22 poems from my limited edition chapbook, ESCAPE. However, it would fit in that collection. There were only 101 limited edition copies printed, and around 80 copies have already been claimed. If you'd like to claim a copy yourself (for only $10, including shipping to anywhere in the world), then send me an e-mail at robertleebrewer@gmail.com with the subject line: I Need an Escape. I'll send along information on how to pay either via check, money order or PayPal (whichever is easiest for you).

*****

Connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.

No comments: